- Two thirds of the population live below the poverty line
- Vulnerable children suffer abuse
- In Nigeria, an assessment of orphans and vulnerable children conducted in 2004 revealed that there were approximately seven million orphaned children
no images were found
- Homelessness can mean sleeping rough on the streets. Government statistics show 2,714 people slept rough in England on any one night during 2014 – a 55 per cent rise on 2010
- Local agencies report 7,581 people slept rough in London alone throughout 2014/15 – A 16 per cent rise on the previous year, and more than double the figure of 3,673 in 2009/10
- Many people who become homeless who do not show up in official figures. This is known as hidden homelessness. Research by the charity Crisis indicates that about 62% of single homeless people are hidden and may not show up in official figures.
- A poll of 2,000 UK adults we commissioned in December 2013, found that 32% of people have experienced homelessness (including sofa surfing and staying with friends) or know someone who has experienced homelessness. 14% had experienced it themselves, 20% knew someone else who had experienced it, 2% said they had both experienced it and knew others who had.
Zuriel Foundation (ZF) shows love to the homeless in London on a quarterly basis in the following ways:
- Full English Breakfast Buffet with about 120 homeless guests
- Playing interactive game with them like Snooker/ Pool, table football, table air hockey & table tennis
- Free haircuts for the homeless by a professional hairdresser also a ZF member
- Free basic medical checkup for the homeless [to be provided by ZF members who are medical professionals]
- New Year gift sharing (warm clothing & toiletries)
- Counselling & prayers
The London riots took place between Saturday 6th of August and Thursday 11th of August 2011. Several people took to the streets in London boroughs and in other cities across England to protest the death of a man who was shot dead on the 4th of August.
In October 2011, Zuriel foundation had a youth event to help reduce anti-social behavior and promote interaction, social inclusion and enhance self esteem .The event titled “Positive Vibes” sought to engage youths positively through talks delivered by a motivational speaker and sporting activities.
no images were found